Beatle Week means I get to hang out with my other boss, Keith Badman. Be sure to check out his website www.keithbadman.com
I have been making odd bits of jewellery for a little while now. It was mainly as a distraction, something to do that allowed me to switch off from the day to day stresses and to improve my concentration and dexterity.
Last August I made a batch of items with a Beatles theme and sold them over the International Beatles Week event on stalls at St Peter’s Church Hall (where John and Paul first met) and at the convention at the Adelphi Hotel. They went pretty well. Some stock even sold out.
Recently I set up a store on Etsy.com. Currently I am only shipping within the UK but hopefully that will change very soon. I’m rather pleased with some of the stuff I have designed for the shop and I’ve listed lots of one off items that I have made over the last few months from things I’ve stumbled across.
You can visit the store by clicking here.
I am loving my comic book pin from mightypop.co.uk
As usual, I had a ball. Everything is covered on music.booweb.co.uk if you want to read all about it.
I have reviewed the Yes concert on my music blog here but I also got to stick around afterwards for a meet and greet and grabbed photos with Geoff Downes and Billy Sherwood.
I had a brilliant evening on Tuesday. I met up with my friend Donna after work and we went out for something to eat and a catch up before heading off to the Liverpool Empire to see The Glenn Miller Story starring the legend that is Tommy Steele.
The show is more a celebration of the music than a truly biographical production but that’s okay. Tommy Steele wowed everyone with his ease and grace as played one of my favourite musical dorks. (I did note that my brass teacher wouldn’t have been impressed with his blowing technique when he wielded the trombone though!)
I found it hard to believe that he is nearly 80 and still has a good few moves that would put some youngsters to shame. It was such an entertaining evening that my cheeks hurt from smiling so much.
Best of all we went on Glenn Miller’s birthday!
Just what I need to battle the cold weather doldrums.
1. What is your middle name?: I don’t have one.
2. What was favourite subject at school?: Classical Studies probably.
3. What is your favourite drink?: Alcoholic – Trooper Beer. Non-Alcoholic – Cherry Coke.
4. What is your favourite song at the moment?: Oddly I’m not currently obsessing over any particular song. The last one was “You’ve Got To Laugh” by Nik Kershaw.
5. What is your favorite food?: Cheese on toast. And pretty much anything my mum cooks when I’m home.
6. What is the last thing you bought?: Food in the pub after work.
7. Favorite book of all time?: To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
8. Favourite Color?: Green
9. Do you have any pets?: I don’t. I’m not home enough to have a pet of my own.
10. Favourite Perfume?: Patchouli
11. Favourite Holiday?: Anything that involved me being on waterways.
12. Are you married?: No.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: I’ve been to Ireland a couple of times, Venice a couple of time and to America once.
14. Do you speak any other language?: No. I did study French but I don’t remember most of it.
15. How many siblings do you have?: I have a younger sister.
16. What is your favourite shop?: Right now, probably the Disney Store as they are feeding my Marvel and Star Wars Funko Pop habit.
17. Favourite restaurant?: I don’t really have one. I have just eaten in the pub across from work and that’s probably where I eat out the most these days.
18. When was the last time you cried?: This morning, I wasn’t well in work and it all got a bit much.
19. Favourite Blog?: Too many to single just one out.
20. Favourite Movie?: This is a toughie, but right now I’d say Star Wars A New Hope.
21. Favourite TV shows?: Doctor Who, MASH, West Wing, NCIS, Holby City, The Newsroom….and so very many more, particularly classics.
22. PC or Mac?: PC, though I mostly do stuff online via Android devices these days.
23. What phone do you have?: A Samsung A3 (I think)
24. How tall are you?: 5’4″
25. Can you cook?: I can. I don’t really get an opportunity to cook often though. I love to bake, however, and go made with the food colourings!
After a few false starts and some rather disastrous technical errors, this blog is finally up and running. I’ve still got some tweaking to do (for the third time, but who’s counting) but I think I’ve finally got it all sussed!
I’ve imported a couple of posts from my previous personal blog just to get this one started.