I will try to keep this as spoiler-free as possible, but if you really don’t want to risk it, look away now.
Okay – so here are my favourite not-too-spoilery bits of Dark Crystal Age of Resistance on Netflix.
In no particular order –
- Mark Hamill and Simon Pegg both giving gloriously over the top performances as their Skeksis alter-egos.
- Mystics!!! More than I expected from the pre-publicity, so that was a nice surprise (as was surprise Mystic’s Skeksis counterpart)
- “Puppetry. Yay!”
- Forgetting that I was watching puppets and just being so completely drawn into the world of Thra (much like with the original film!)
- Mother Aughra being…well…Mother Aughra
- Hup (including his uncanny resemblance to UK comedian Milton Jones)
- Gelflings – all of them!
- A solution to a problem I have thought about in the past in regards to the Skeksis. (I really can’t be more specific without it being a big spoiler)
- Keeping all the mythology of the original intact
- All the little creatures in the background being so full of character in typical Henson style.
- If I had to pick a favourite Gelfling clan it would be the Grottan
- Just the epic feeling of it all. It was like being a kid again and getting swept up and taken along for the ride on the adventure.