Travel all the way to Glasgow for a gig? If it’s a Trevor Horn gig with one of my favourite friends and a bunch of his chums, then damn right I will!
From the opening notes of the killer Two Tribes bassline, I was a very happy bunny. The setlist was a combination of stuff he played on, stuff he produced/wrote and stuff from the new Re-Imagines The Eighties album.
- Lol Creme – full stop! Not just for the 10cc songs but for his little quips too.
- Buggles Tunes!! Only two but that’s fine. I think that had anything from Adventures in Modern Recording been played I may have exploded with joy.
- Steve Hogarth’s multiple changes of stage clothes.
- Catching gig buddy Giorgos air drumming to Slave To The Rhythm out of the corner of my eye.
- Getting to hear Trevor sing a Yes song – in a kilt!!
- Russ Ballard
And – I get to enjoy it all again tonight in Manchester!
Here are some phone pics –
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”17″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]